Friday, March 6, 2009

A Sad and Sorry State of Affairs....all the way around.....

I do have to apologize for not being as attentive as I should be to this blog. Time just hasn't permitted. The business is booming and my research has taken up much of my time.
I do have to share this, however.
At one point I was a frequent poster on the community forum Denverpaonline.com
I was a diligent and mouthy poster to be sure. There was never a question as to how I felt about anything, at any time. But one thing was etched in stone. At no time did I ever sit back and allow anyone to disrespect another forum member, or to "act a fool" when it was clearly inappropriate.
Sadly, Denverpaonline.com has sunk to an all-time low.
The site really started to go downhill with the addition of the chatroom. Forum posts slowed and at some points in time, almost ceased, until some newsworthy gossip or sighting stirred it up.
I could hear the melody of "Video Killed The Radio Star" every time I noticed how there were no new forum posts in days.
The chat became a pedestrian, juvenile and catty gathering where you couldn't find class and good sense with a microscope.
Most people of intelligence did what I did and just left and continued to avoid it.
I've gotten many, many emails from others who are sorely disappointed by what the site has become without any leadership. When the warden is away..... you get the point.

Tonite, I checked the forum and was so glad that shopgirl posted her feelings about the utterly ridiculous and inappropriate things going on in the forum. A select few members had gotten together at a bar to toast Mike Roseboro on his birthday. Someone else has been photoshopping Mike's head on a body clad in prison stripes. The songs that are posted on the forum are juvenile at best.
Left to their own devices, the site has become what is the least good about Denver, PA. It saddens me that anyone unfamiliar with the area will be greeted by asinine postings and fun-making in light of the most horrendous of crimes. The brutal death of Jan Roseboro.
How anyone can make light of that is beyond me.
If they want to titter about Mike in the privacy of their own homes, fine. But for heaven's sake don't show your ass on a public forum.
They truly have no idea how foolish and ignorant they look.
They just don't get it.
But thank you, shopgirl for your posts. You wrote what many are thinking. You never defended Mike. You simply showed how inappropriate it is to make light of anything related to this crime.
The demise of a really great forum is actively taking place. It will be nothing more than a breeding ground for the witless and the uneducated. They need to bump their cable package up a notch or find a hobby. Their asses are showing........

0 comments: