Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Marian Baker Murder


My research into Pitman, New Jersey, the hometown of killer Edward Lester Gibbs, led me to these photos and postcards. I posted them randomly.
I have been to Pitman once and plan to return. I want to get current photos of these locations and take some shots of the home where he grew up, the cemetery where he is buried.
In the meantime, this is what I have of the life history in visual form, of Edward Lester Gibbs.



This is where Ed graduated from high school prior to entering the service and then attending college at F&M in Lancaster, PA.


This is not the church where Edward Lester Gibbs married his bride, Helen. That poor woman had no idea what she had signed on for. Ed also reportedly worked for a while at the Esso Station that appears on the card.


The wedding reception the new Mr. and Mrs. Edward Lester Gibbs was held here at the Hotel Pitman. Nothing but the best for their son, some residents of the town felt that perhaps the Country Club would have been more fitting.



Another view of the Hotel Pitman.


I'll update with more photos as I get them, and also clearly lay out the timeline of Ed Gibbs life as it led him to the cold January afternoon where he beat the life out of Marian Louise Baker.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Pitman. I have new pics of the Pitman Hotel which is now in forclosure. If you are interested, I'll send them to you.

barbcoogan@comcast.net