Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Marian Louise Baker Murder: A Photo and The Final Resting Place


This is a capture from The Bedford Era including a brief article and one of the few photos of Marian Louise Baker. I have others included in copies of microfiche from the Lancaster Public Library but the copies are too old to scan. Look on the lower right for the article and picture.







As I posted previously, Marian is buried next to her aunt and uncle, Alice and Leroy ODonel in Perry County, PA. The couple, from Conestoga raised her as their own.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. What happened to Helen W. Gibbs? Is she alive?

Anonymous said...

I remember that in the burser's office at F&M on the first floor of East Hall, in the 1960s, a large 3-4 foot b&w framed photograph of Marian. It disappeared by the early 70s. Does anyone recall or know where it might be?
Also, I've met several people that were at F&M at the time and remember them, Ed in particular. They never really questioned his guilt in the slightest.
Eddie's wife Helen Woodward really vanished and was well protected by her family. Anyone know anything about her after the case was closed?
This is an interesting blog and I wuld like to see it move beyond the writings of Richard Gehman and Lancaster's two papers. For example, there are a few friends and relations still alive. I wish you happy hunting.

BeachGirl said...

TY for the comments! I will be checking into the photo of Marian and also what became of Helen Woodward Gibbs. Once life settles down here, I'll be heading to New Jersey and to Lancaster!

Anonymous said...

Check the NJ Forum blog for more information if you are planning to go to Pitman. A few questions were answered recently. :-)

BeachGirl said...

TY for that reminder! I've wanted to check on the NJ stuff for a while but have been too busy. I will check it out tonite!