Monday, March 23, 2009

A Hearty Recommendation! Family Trees and Your Roots!

In reviewing my research into the murder of Marian Louise Baker, it dawned on me that I need to tell you all just how very important Ancestry.com has been in aiding me in my pursuits for information.
I am mildly-ha! addicted to history and even more so to genealogy and family trees!
Several years ago I became familiar with many sites on the web that are available for anyone to research their own family roots. What I didn't realize at the time was just what a wealth of information it could be to researching much more than your own family history!
I have researched my extremely old house thanks to that site. I consider my house a living thing and want to know all that I can about the previous owners and residents.
Ancestry.com has led me to sources and references not just for my lines, but also has taken me to the places and people that have been an enormous help in my research of The Marian Louise Baker murder.
I have made some contacts that have become friends, and some, although not blood related, are now part of my "family".
So far, I have nothing but praise for Ancestry and the Rootsweb sites! There are others and I will include a list of those later for anyone who wishes to pursue their own research.
Wouldn't it be sad if no one remembers? Each one of us leaves our own little footprint here. We are all someone's son, daughter, wife, aunt, uncle, etc. Those sites allow us to connect to our pasts and even learn about our geological heritage.
Check them out if you haven't already. They are wonderful!

0 comments: