Friday, March 13, 2009

Estimated Dates of Conception

Most doctors and nurses agree that calculating an exact date of conception is hardly possible. But we can all come up with a very close guestimate as to that date.
Several websites allow you to calculate "back" given the estimated date of delivery.
For example, if an EDD is April 1, 2009, the calculator estimates the date of conception to be July 9, 2008. Here is a calculator site you might want to check out:
http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/923526833.html

Now most people assume you need to have missed at least one cycle for a pregnancy test to accurately detect the presence of hormones secreted in the event of pregnancy.
I can tell you all, firsthand, that as of my first pregnancy, in 1984, there was test in existence that could tell you yes or no within a few days of conception. I had that test in a Lab Center not far from the Berkshire Mall. Not in keeping with protocol, I obtained the test on my own, but the results had to be reported to my Ob/Gyn. I arrived to have the blood drawn in the early afternoon and those results were available after 5 pm.
My Ob/Gyn and I had differing opinions as to my being pregnant or not. I was sure I was. He said I wasn't. And he wanted me to wait a few weeks to see what would shake out.
I have no patience and I wanted to know....NOW.
So, Angela Funk could have conceived as early as July 9, 2008 and she surely could have known about that pregnancy on July 22, 2008, the day that Jan Roseboro was killed.
Was that what Angela was speaking to Mike about on the phone prior to the brutal attack and murder of Jan?
This is all based on the published reports that Angie's EDD is April 1, 2009. Given her penchant for lying, that date could be totally off the mark. Only Angie knows for sure.
But if she is due on 4/1/09, she knew about the pregnancy by the night of July 22nd.
With the error of margin in determining due dates, this may never be clearly answered. But we all need to pay close attention to the date of the delivery. She may claim prematurity, she may claim to be way overdue....
I believe Mike Roseboro needs to petition the court for DNA testing. Angie's the friendliest girl in town. To the married men, anyway.

0 comments: