Friday, August 28, 2009

It's 4:30 a.m. And I'm Awake?

This is what happens when you go to bed at 9 pm! ;)
I've been up since 3.....

I haven't done much research this past week, due to work demands. It's not a bad thing as far as the business is concerned, there have been some incredible changes and "upgrades" the past two weeks that have made it almost impossible to eek out some time for the computer.
The business has gone in a few new directions and I'm loving it! I'm exhausted, but I'm loving it! lol
That break that I was hoping to take once mid-September hit won't be happening this year.
My classes start the second week of September and I have a few new clients that will need our services on weekends, despite the end of the Summer Rush.
Sundays will be my days to travel, at least in the earliest part of Fall. I will also be trying to rearrange some weekdays to hit the road to PA and other environs.

I won't bore you all with the details, but we've been restructuring our property management/cleaning service/concierge services business and it's pretty exciting! Sometimes things just fall into your lap. I would like to think that in reality, it's a result of the hard work, planning and contacts that we've made along the way. But it could just be providence :)

It's also very important to remove the "fences" in your mind. If you exist with an underlying sense of having or doing or living with no hole in your fence to grow, expand, or allow incredible successful gains, you'll pretty much stay in the same place, having what you have and nothing more.
I guess there's a hole in my fence! :)
I'm not materialistic. I enjoy the personal satisfaction of seeing the business grow as much as any financial growth.

I've also noted the start of my Fall "nesting" behaviors. I've rearranged furniture, deep cleaned, got all of my tart warmers ready for my Fall smells... I love Fall!
I'll be starting the Halloween decorating here by the end of September. I don't do the "cutesy" Halloween stuff. The creepier, the better.
I have a collection of witches that I cherish. That is usually on display all year. I have black spider web drapes that are up as I type.
My daughter has gifted me many times with the neatest Halloween pieces. I haven't found the time yet, over the years to create my Halloween Town. Maybe this year I'll get it started.
I have some notes about a Halloween Town, made of ceramic lit houses, spooky churches, graveyards, barren trees, etc. I haven't really decided where in the house it would be displayed.
I have plenty of room but I need to be able to access it to add to it, modify it, etc.
I may take pictures of the process and post them. We can all share the growth of Halloween Town :)
Well, it's time for more coffee. I may be back to post a bit more before I leave for work.
We're headed down into the furtherest reaches of the Eastern Shore of Maryland today. And then back to Dewey Beach! It's gonna be a great day!

0 comments: