Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Think I'll Be In Pitman On Sunday Afternoon....


This is the entrance to the Hillcrest Memorial Cemetery in Hurffville, New Jersey. Edward Lester Gibbs in interred here.
I have had photos of Marian Baker's grave for about a year, thanks to a very dear and new friend from Perry County, PA who braved several days of rain to get the pics for me. She also took pics of the graves of Marian's beloved aunt and uncle who raised her, the O'Donels, who lie next to her.
Her mother, Mrs. Bruce Britcher, is interred in a different cemetery.
Marian is with those that loved her best.
I've never taken the time to check out Pitman. I was there once, on a return trip from the beach, when the "driver" refused to take my advice.
One wrong turn, across the bridge we went and there we were!
As we pulled into a gas station, I looked up and saw the sign.
Welcome to Pitman!
We had to get back to Lancaster County or I'd have spent the day there.
I'm off on Sunday. I have a feeling I just may take a day trip, camera in hand.
This "thing" has gotten a hold of me again....
I hope someday to understand just why I am so intrigued by all of this. It's as if there's an answer out there somewhere, waiting to be revealed.

0 comments: