Sunday, August 9, 2009

Crimerant.com: A Really Great Read....

http://www.crimerant.com/ is the site I'm referring to. It's the site of M. William Phelps and Gregg Olsen. Of course it's a promo site, but if an author can't get word to the readers, then how will they be informed of his latest works and projects?

I was impressed that the authors allow even the most critical comments to stand.

I have to confess. "Cruel Death" has impacted me greatly.
Living so close to Ocean City I travel the highway several times a week. I pass Hooters and the condo of the murder so often. The twisted and depraved things that happened to those victims is surreal and boggles the mind.
I also am a customer of the Delaware landfill where the body parts were eventually found.

As I went about my business in OC yesterday, I thought of Ford and Crutchley. With such sadness I went about my work, quietly observing the tourists taking in all of the Ocean City experience that they could. And I was keenly aware that just as they were strolling the streets, shopping in the quaint stores and grabbing a quick lunch and a beer, so did the victims of The Scrapbook Girl and the Crazy Navy Seal.
Two innocent people simply wanted to celebrate and get away.
And the horror they met was macabre and surreal.

Quite a read, Mr. Phelps. Your work is unique in that long after the last page is turned, the story, as you've told it, remains with the reader.

0 comments: