Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Few Things To Keep In Mind....

If I wanted to make it appear that I was not at a particular location with a particular person, I could call that person's cell phone, couldn't I?
I could just hit a speed dial button on the phone, couldn't I?
When my son calls the house line from his cell phone, people could infer that he's not at home, right?
What about when he does that from the living room, as a prank to me?

My late husband would have done anything for me. Kill someone? No, not that.
But would he have sworn on a stack of Bibles that I was with him, if telling the truth, if it were otherwise, would implicate me in a crime in which I could be taken from him and our kids?
Hell yes. He'd swear on his Grandma's grave.
I have not one ounce of doubt about that.
He'd beg God for forgiveness later but he'd lie like a rug!
We never had infidelity issues and I never fell in love with a killer, so our situation was a bit different.

I think we're all going to learn that not every person who has been wronged by a spouse makes the offending spouse stand accountable. In fact, some of us have learned that the injured spouse, and I don't mean physically, sometimes takes the blame themselves for the cheating, lying spouse. They assume full responsibility for it, refuse to leave the offending party. Would a person who so willingly takes full blame for the actions of the spouse lie to protect that spouse?
In my opinion, yes.

Cell phone calls and an alibi?
Some people have made the wrong assumptions here, based on what they or other NORMAL people would do.
Some can't imagine that the injured spouse would lie to protect the other, especially given the horrible things that the offending spouse did to the other.
Trust me, the injured spouse would. And in my opinion, just might have.

0 comments: