Friday, July 31, 2009

Other questions challenged Funk on when she learned she was pregnant with Roseboro's child. Funk said she learned of the pregnancy when she bought a home pregnancy test August 1, but later admitted she and Roseboro were both aware of an earlier incident in which she could have become pregnant.

Roseboro’s mistress wrote,” My biggest fear is that Jan will want to rekindle your relationship.”

"I always wondered what it would be like to be your wife...I guess I won't have to wonder too much longer, "
It was only hours after that email exchange on July 22nd 2008, Michael Roseboro called 9-1-1 after he said he discovered Jan's beaten and strangled body floating face down in their pool in the backyard of their Reinholds home.
An e-mail sent July 22, the day of the killing, from Funk to Roseboro read: "I always wanted to be your wife. I guess I won't have to wonder too much longer."

An agitated Stedman demanded to know whether the e-mail was "pure coincidence." Funk responded that it was.


On Tuesday, the jury spent almost the entire day observing Funk.

A 39-year-old Denver mother of three — including Roseboro's three-month-old son — Funk held her head high as she took the witness stand.

For hours, she answered questions from District Attorney Craig Stedman in a defiant tone, mostly replying "I don't remember" or "I don't know."

Angela Funk, who has short brown hair and wore a hot pink, short-sleeve top and dark brown pants, seemed to take the stand calmly and confidently.

But the exchange with Stedman soon turned heated as the questioning continued.

"Ever say you want to be his wife and that day cannot come soon enough," Stedman asked.

"Yes," she replied.

"You loved him?"

"I'll always love him," Angela Funk replied. "He's the father of my son."

"He's not your future anymore?"

"No," Angela Funk answered.

"He said to you in April he plans to be out of jail in August," Stedman said. Reading from a transcript of a phone call, he continued, "Your reply is, 'Let's hope so.' He says, 'Don't give up on us.' You say, " 'I haven't.' Have you given up on him?"

"I have now," Angela Funk replied.

"What changed?"

"I don't know," she said, "I've had a change of heart."

Twice last April, Roseboro called Angela Funk from prison, and they expressed love for one another during the conversations, according to testimony.

After the second call, Angela Funk said she had her attorney tell him to stop.

"I just thought it best if he didn't call," she said. "It could hurt me. It could hurt him. It could hurt everybody."

"Mrs. Funk," Stedman asked, "what is it that you know that you don't want us to know?"

"I just didn't want him to say anything, because that is what you're using as a motive," she shot back at Stedman.

"If he's found not guilty, you could be together," he said. "You could move into his house."


Now tell me Craig Steadman doesn't KNOW HER NOW.


0 comments: