Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's Building Again :)

I need to thank an anonymous commenter here for reminding me of NJ.com and the inquiries I had posted there for information about the Gibbs family from Pitman.
I had received a response or two back in August but have been too busy to check in lately.
The comment sent me back there tonight.
Thank you for that redirect! I was given the chance to comment back and forth with someone who clearly is well versed on the facts and information from that time and Ed Gibb's in particular.
I hope to continue that interface as I keep on plugging with that case.
The questions still loom large in my mind. It doesn't add up.
And I can't shake the feeling that if I am able to physically visit sites so important to the people and events involved, something is going to occur to me. I'm going to "get it". Whatever "it" is.
It feels as if there is truly a message out there that I am supposed to receive.
I don't expect a voice from the shadows! I expect a "sense" of an answer.
It may be that I am sent further on the quest for answers. That's fine. As long as I am headed in the right direction.
I spoke with my daughter tonight and she'll be requesting some time off to travel to Pitman with me. We also will be spending time at the Lancaster County Historical Society to view the crime scene photos and any evidence still in existence.
East Hall is gone. But Orange Street is not. Nor is North Oak Avenue in Pitman.
It saddened me to learn tonight that for years, if not still, Ed Gibb's burial site has been unmarked. That had to kill his mother or break her heart.
No matter what happened in his life, he was still her son. She carried him, she raised him.
I have wondered how sad she was after his execution. She lived to be almost ninety years old. That's alot of years to miss your son.

0 comments: