Saturday, July 17, 2010

Helen Woodward. Virginia Gibbs and Even Nancy Woodward?

What was the Gibbs family connection to F&M College?
How did a family born and bred in New Jersey come to know about that particular college for men?
What are the odds that three young women from Gloucester County, New Jersey would come to wed men who not only attended the same college, that being F&M, but men who were brothers in the very same fraternity?
Sigma Chi, on West James Street, in Lancaster, PA became a hub of family interest.

Did the author of that now locally-famous misrepresentation of most central and key people and aspects of the Marian Baker murder know about the connection between Helen Gibbs' sister Nancy and Ed Gibbs good friend and frat brother, John K. George?
Or was that relationship not yet underway?

2 comments:

jwg1560 said...

My name is John W. George, the son of Nancy Woodward and John K. George. I did find a copy of Gehman's book when I was young but it was taken from me and hidden. The subject was taboo.

BeachGirl said...

John,
Thank you so much for commenting here. My research has been lengthy and I believe I've taken so long and tread so lightly out of respect for all involved. It was only recently that I became aware that your father and mother were who they were. I have several people who were directly involved or are related to people involved who have been helpful but have allowed me to discover things on my own, much like peeling an onion.
I would like very much to correspond with you but will respect any response you have. Feel free to contact me at PAGirlAtTheBeach@aol.com or at
s.weik@mchsi.com anytime.